Membership of the Eagle Ski Club is open to anyone interested in ski touring, ski mountaineering, or associated activities. The club welcomes competent skiers who are new to ski-touring (see here for more information about fitness and skiing ability), and each year's programme includes an Introductory Training Course, and a guided Introductory Tour. The programme also includes several other professionally-led training courses and guided tours, to allow and encourage members to develop the skills and experience needed for independent and self-reliant touring.
There are no age limits and no requirement to be proposed / seconded for membership of the club. However, members wishing to join a particular tour must provide referees (who need not be club members) as to their skiing and mountaineering competence. Also, under our Safeguarding policy there are some restrictions on under-18s joining tours and other events, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Please note that we are a club of like-minded individuals, who continue to enjoy ski-touring with other members over many years. We are not a travel agent nor a business offering packaged ski-touring holidays. If that is what you are after, there are numerous commercial organisations and qualified guides providing such services, and you may be better off looking to them for the type of ski holiday you require.
Annual subscription rates are currently:
- £25 - UK Members (postal address in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Ireland).
- £27 - Overseas Members (postal address outside the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Ireland).
The full annual amount is payable on date of joining and then for each subsequent year by direct debit on 1st May. Those applicants who do not have access to a UK bank account for direct debit may pay the initial and ongoing subscription by alternative means as detailed below.
Subscription rates for UK Members will increase to £35 on 1 May 2020 due to a change in affiliation for the club's liability insurance cover.
Subscription rates for overseas members will remain unchanged in 2020 but overseas members will no longer be covered by the club's liability insurance cover.
Subscription rates for all members who are under 30 in 2020 will be reduced to £10 on 1 May 2020.
Membership benefits include:
- Access to the network of over 1200 of the UK’s most active ski-tourers to share information and plan trips together.
- A programme of over 60 Club Tours both guide led and member led, providing day tours and hut-to-hut tours in the Alps and further afield, as well as a range of instructional courses covering off-piste techniques, avalanche awareness and ski touring skills at all levels from introductory to Club Leader.
- Scottish skiing weekend meets (January to April).
- UK Summer meets for walking, climbing and mountain biking.
- Lectures and other social events.
- Training events
- The Year Book, which contains articles and reports on the past year's tours and future programmes, is sent to members in the autumn.
- Access to all areas of the club website, including the online archive of yearbook articles.
- Ability to post in the online forums.
- E-mail newsletters sent out roughly monthly to all members who subscribe.
- Third Party Liability Insurance whilst undertaking club activities.
- Grants are available to assist younger skiers (under 35) get started in the sport; to train members who wish to lead club tours; and to encourage expeditions and other adventurous trips.
- Discounts are available from selected suppliers.
- Club Gear - Buffs
Please fill in the membership form below and send it to the Membership Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address given on the form. You need to provide an email address which has not been used by other family members for their ski club membership. If you have a UK bank account we will ask you to complete a direct debit mandate on-line through our direct debit agency, GoCardless. Once that is done, we will sign you up as a new member and take your initial subscription under the mandate. If you do not have a UK bank account and are based overseas go to the link to "Pay membership subscription" on the Membership form for alternative payment methods for the initial subscription, and note that you have paid by other means on the completed membership form.
Ongoing subscriptions will be taken each May 1st by direct debit. (Though we hope new members will remain with the club for many years, it is obviously possible to resign and cancel the Direct Debit mandate at any time.) You can amend your mandate details at any time from My Account. In exceptional circumstances (e.g. members without UK bank accounts), by agreement with the Membership Secretary, continuing subscriptions can be paid each May 1st by alternative means. Follow the link to Pay Membership subscription and use the relevant section.