Membership of the Eagle Ski Club is open to all.
There are no age limits and no requirement to be proposed / seconded.
Annual subscription rates are currently:
- £25 - UK Members (postal address in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man).
- £27 - Overseas Members (postal address outside the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man).
The full annual amount is payable on date of joining by cheque and then for each subsequent year by direct debit on 1st May. Those applicants without cheque books or who do not have access to a UK bank account for direct debit may pay the initial and ongoing subscription by alternative means as detailed below.
Membership benefits include:
- Access to the network of over 1200 of the UK’s most active ski-tourers to share information and plan trips together.
- A programme of over 60 Club Tours both guide led and member led, providing day tours and hut-to-hut tours in the Alps and further afield, as well as a range of instructional courses covering off-piste techniques, avalanche awareness and ski touring skills at all levels from introductory to Club Leader.
- Scottish skiing weekend meets (January to April).
- UK Summer meets for walking, climbing and mountain biking.
- Lectures and other social events.
- The Year Book, which contains articles and reports on the past year's tours and future programmes, is sent to members in the autumn.
- Access to all areas of the club website, including the online archive of yearbook articles.
- Ability to post in the online forums.
- E-mail newsletters sent out roughly monthly to all members who subscribe.
- Third Party Liability Insurance whilst undertaking club activities.
- Grants are available to assist younger skiers (under 35) get started in the sport; to train members who wish to lead club tours; and to encourage expeditions and other adventurous trips.
- Discounts are available from selected suppliers.
- Club Gear - Buffs and Ski Ties
Please fill in the membership and direct debit forms below and send them and a cheque for your initial membership subscription to the Membership Secretary at the address given on the forms. If you do not have a cheque book or are based overseas go to the link to "Pay membership subscription" on the Membership form for alternative payment methods for the initial subscription, and note that you have paid by other means on the completed membership form.
Those without Direct Debit facilities and in particular members resident overseas, continuing subscriptions can be paid each May 1st by alternative means. Follow the link to Pay Membership subscription and use the relevant section.