This help section describes (for club members only) how to be notified by e-mail of updates to pages on the website, or to forum postings. These are known as “Subscriptions”. This facility is useful because it means you don’t constantly have to visit the website to see if anything has changed.
The e-mail you will receive to notify you of an update is sent to your registered e-mail address – which you can update in your “My Account” settings. It contains a summary of the item which has changed and a link to the full item on the website – the exact content will vary but here is an example:
You are notified by default of any updates to forum postings to which you have contributed.
"Content Type" Notifications
It is possible to receive notifications for changes to any of the following "content types":
- Forum Topic – any change or update in any of the forums.
- Club Tour – tours on the club touring programme listed at www.eagleskiclub.org.uk/club-tours
- Photo Gallery – addition or changes to a photo gallery at www.eagleskiclub.org.uk/galleries.
- Member Tour – member to member tours listed at www.eagleskiclub.org.uk/tours/member-tours
- News Item – news items shown on the front page of the website.
- Page – any other page on the website, including all of the information pages.
- UK Event - Scottish Meets, Summer Weekend Meets, Lectures and Social Events and Training Events.
In order to configure the subscriptions, once logged in, select “My Account”, and then “Subscriptions” and “Content Types”. The following example shows a member who is just configured to receive updates to Forum Topics.
To change subscriptions, check or uncheck the types required and select “Save”. The configuration is updated immediately, and you will be notified of any changes made after this point.