Planning for the Club's Centenary in 2025

24 Feb 2023

JohnBarnard

The Eagle Ski Club is nearly 100 year old!

It was founded in 1925 in the small Swiss resort of Maloja (on the pass between the Engadine and the Bregalia, up the valley from St Moritz) initially as a ski racing club but it soon changed its main objective to touring. As Club Archivist I've been asked to put together a working group to start planning for ways to celebrate the centenary - less than two years away now. These might include special meets, dinners, webinars, symposia, expeditions, tours and other events, both looking back at the achievements of the last century, and looking forward at ways to maintain our heritage into the future.

If you've got some ideas or enthusiasm, or would just like to help, then please get in touch with me at archivist@eagleskiclub.org.uk. Please don't feel that you need to have been a member for most of the last 100 years to get involved - newly-joined members are just as welcome.

I've put together a few initial ideas at https://www.eagleskiclub.org.uk/system/files/ESC%20Centenary%20Plans_0.pdf but would be delighted to get other suggestions. I'll probably try to arrange a Zoom meeting sometime in the next several weeks for those interested, so we thrash a few ideas around.

John Barnard